Air conditioners (ACs) are one of the most commonly used electrical appliances. They help cool down and dry the air, so it is no wonder why they are very popular in hot and humid places. However, they usually make up a large part of your monthly electricity bill. Compared to other electrical appliances, air conditioners consume more energy. So it is no wonder why your electricity bills usually go up in the summer. That is why many people are desperate to find out how to use air conditioner effectively. Below are some tips you can try in order to reduce your air conditioner’s energy consumption:
– When buying an air conditioner, people commonly think that the bigger the better. However, this is not necessarily true. You should match the size of the air conditioner to the size of your room. Another factor such as things that affect the room temperature should also be your consideration. An air conditioning unit that is too big for your room will work harder and finally increase your cooling costs.
– If you plan to install a central air conditioning system, make sure that the seasonal energy efficiency ratio is 13 or better. The lower the ratio, the more you will have to pay.
– Regular maintenance of your AC is every important. It is recommended that you replace the filter monthly during the cooling season. At the beginning of the cooling season, it is a good idea to have a professional service the system.
– Air conditioning unit is one of the biggest energy guzzlers at home. If your old conditioning system has a SEER rating less than 8, it would be worthy to replace it with the more efficient one.
– Install an adjustable thermostat. This way, you can set the temperature of the air conditioner according to your needs. When you are at home, set it to 78 degrees. If you will be gone for more than an hour, set it to 85 degrees. lg 1 ton dual inverter ac
– Make sure that your unit is placed at a shady spot. Additionally, there should be enough available room for it to dispose heated air from your home.
– To reduce heat naturally, you can plant shade trees around the house. This way, you can lower your cooling costs by up to 30 percent.
– Close the curtains or drapes on the side of your home that is exposed by sunlight. Additionally, it would be wiser for you to use light colored curtains.
– Install energy efficient ceiling fans to reduce the cooling cost. Run the fan and air conditioner at the same time on hot days to raise the temperature setting of the AC.